Adoptions: Find a new home
Find a new home for your turtle
- Ask other family members
- Ask your relatives
- Ask your friends
- Ask your coworkers
- Ask your neighbors
- Ask your teachers
- Contact a reptile club (see below)
- Contact a reptile rescue organization (see below)
Not so good ...
- Leaving your unwanted turtle with an animal shelter that focuses on dogs and cats. Because they don't know how to care for it.
- Taking them back to a pet shop is not always a great solution either. Unless the store specializes in reptiles.
- Do not release your turtle into the wild.
- Bay Area Amphibian and Reptile Society (San Francisco Bay Area)
- American Tortoise Rescue (includes a list)
- Melissa Kaplans extensive list (scroll down for lists by states, and international)
Get containers for transporting turtles